Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The First Steps

So after a few years of shuffling the cards and hanging around the card rooms its time to try my hand at playing for a living. I'm starting with a bankroll of $3000- a bit short when the only games in town are no limit so the first step is to build myself up to around ten grand.
My experiment in moving from regular card player to playing for a living will start with playing for two hours a day for the next month. I find I'm a winning player at Star City if I limit myself to two hour sessions so that's where I will begin. Playing poker is all about discipline, while it actually attracts very undisciplined individuals, that's the beauty of it. So my first discipline is to play for two hours a day, Ill see what my hourly rate is after 100 hours and hopefully its enough to live on.
The blog will follow my progress as I try to make it in the poker world. I hope you enjoy following my exploits or lack there of over the next month and hopefully more.
Ill update my blog with daily results from Thursday onward, with a running total and comments on the best and worst games I find. My goal after the testing period is to make 75,000 in the next financial year, a reasonable goal I think though it will have to be reevaluated after the first hundred hours.
So I hope you enjoy following the journey as much as I enjoy living it.
Good luck in your card playing adventures!
Going Pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment