So I went down to Star City for my first shift. Sat down at a lovely loose aggressive table with no solid players. Took down a couple of early pots and felt in control and enjoying it. Then I got overconfident and my top pair with A kicker ran into poket rockets and I lost my stack. Then the lovely loose aggressive table got broken up and I ended up at a much tougher table. I managed to get some back but ended up down 59 dollars.
The lesson for all you budding players out there is as usual don't lose concentration. So not the start I had hoped for but at least I can see the mistake that I made and so I can correct it next time. As I am generally a tournament player but need to move to cash games in order to move up in the poker world I need to put in the hours at the 100 dollar no limit tables and might need to earn my stripes here the hard way. Still I can see plenty of opportunity for money making. There is an opinion in poker circles in Sydney that you cant make money on the hundred dollar tables and Star City, there being no competition the rake and table charges are quite high. However there are plenty of good games going around and plenty of weak players that should provide a good starting income.
Well see over the next hundred hours or so how I go. For now I have plenty of motivation to hit the books, try to get my mind sharp before tomorrows session.
Till next time, Going Pro signing off.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment